A little bit of a different post for Thursday than Three Things Thursday. Amanda over at Running with Spoons started a Thursdays are for Thinking out Loud post trend, and I figured I would jump on the bandwagon
1. One of my admin bosses sent the Careers studies teachers a news article about how someone was fired for dressing so casual that it embarrassed Canadians when he was on a CNN news bit. Office dress code has been debated quite a bit. The school I work at now is a bit more on the dressy side of things, while my previous schools were more relaxed. I believe that everyone should be dressing nicely for work – but I do not see a problem if I wear dark jeans with boots on a non-Friday. Plus – I’m sure everyone noticed that Steve Jobs always wore that black shirt and jeans to work each day – it was his uniform!
2. Track is moving outside!!!
We are on our last couple of weeks in the indoor dome for track – then we move outside. Thank goodness! I work only 15 minutes from the track, so I am rather excited to be close to the track so I can get some quality runs in before 5:30 practice. I’m definitely going to try and get my long runs in on Tuesdays.
3. Watches – I do not wear a watch regularly. Actually the only two watches I own are both sports (standard Timex sports watch and my Garmin watch). I do however like the newest trend in woman’s watches which are those nice rose-gold ones. If I had over $200 to spend – I would buy a Michael Kors Rose Golden watch.
4. I was recently given a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini to try because of the We Day event I went to. After trying it out for a couple weeks, I can definitely say I am still Team iPhone. Maybe the full size Galaxy phones might be a bit better, but I just do not see me buying an Android device over an iPhone.
5. I wonder when I am going to receive my final grade for my last online course that I completed. Normally this professor is speedy with getting our assignments graded, but it has been two weeks and nothing. My paper wasn’t the most impressive paper that I’ve ever written, but I am on the brink of getting an A+ in the course, so for obvious reasons, I am quite curious
6. I love avocados and recently put avocado on my homemade pizza. It was delicious
7. Boston Marathon Monday is coming up. I am hoping the incident that happened a couple nights ago is the only one to happen – otherwise I hope everyone has an amazing time. My friend is running again – so I plan on cheering her on again this year. Since it is Easter Monday, I am not working that day *But* I will be taking Max to an Easter Event so I am unsure whether I will catch any of the live stream this year. One day I would like to run Boston, one day. I also have to see if I even like the marathon distance first
8. One thing I really look forward to on Thursdays is TV night. I watch Grey’s Anatomy, Big Bang Theory and Parenthood. Parenthood’s season finale is tonight, so I am a bit disappointed with that, BUT they had a full 22-episode season so that was nice (the show normally ends in February). Thursday is pretty much the only night I watch more than one program. Last night I did not even turn the TV on
Alright, that is it for today! Have a great Thursday!