A new year is all about new goals. I went into my old LJ to find my 2011 goals to see how well I did.
2011 Goals and outcomes:
– Lose 10-15 pounds. Outcome: Umm…I actually gained 25 pounds, thanks Max! But since the birth I’ve lost 20 pounds, with the remaining 5 pounds to be lost when I can properly exercise.
– Run a 10K for sure and hopefully build it to a 1/2 marathon. If I get into the NYC marathon I will try my hardest to train for it. Outcome: Pregnancy altered this goal. I was only able to run 4 5K races and walk another. Didn’t get into the NYC Marathon, but I would have been 9 months at that point.
– Keep my office/spare room organized which brings me to another point: Start getting a new office place ready/share with P. If we are going to have a baby in the next year or two, we are going to have to give up the two spare rooms as our offices. We have 3 bedrooms but we would need one for the kiddie room and another for a spare room. Outcome: LMAO. Had to do this goal. I did organize my office and it did stay reasonably clean, minus my summer school stint where paper was just everywhere. P and I shared an office for about a week…but he needs more space so he is now downstairs.
– Take more care in my clothes, especially my work clothes. Outcome: I did keep this goal. I made sure not just to do the ‘wear once and wash’ plan and over-wash my clothes. I also paid more attention to how things were supposed to be cleaned.
– Try to not be a chronic complainer. Be more positive. Outcome: Still working on this…
– Go outside more. Do more outdoorsy things with Paul. Outcome: I was good until the summer when my breathing and needing to keep my HR down prevented me from hiking in Gatineau Park. We have more plans for this summer though.
– Write in my agenda/journal every day so I don’t forget what happened in 2011: Outcome: Wrote in my paper agenda, iCalendar and sometimes google calendar every day. I am continuing this with 2012 so I don’t forget what Max did on a particular day. I also keep this goal with school and used a google calendar for my grade 9 class and summer school: It kept the class and I organized!
– Try to not be scared in making new friends. Be less socially ackward. Outcome: I think I made some new friends…I still need to work on this
– Write everything down in terms of talks with my students. I don’t teach a regular class and I work with many high-risk students. I need to document everything and I get a little lazy with it. Outcome: My position changed in late January, so I didn’t really need to do this. As stated above, I did become more organized with my lesson plans.
– Get at least one line of contract work. That is up to the school/general luck. But it would be nice…. Outcome: Didn’t happen….Didn’t even get an LTO line until October….not going to complain, not going to complain…
– Stick to my classroom rules a bit more, especially cell phones. Outcome: Getting better at this. Ended up using cell phones to get internet in summer school due to a severe lack of computer lab space (my careers class is very tech dependent). But I did take their phones away if I was giving a lesson.
– Create a solid curriculum for Co-operative Education and Careers. Outcome: Done! A few people are using my Careers Curriculum now. I also got two summer school teachers to teach using my plans. P might be teaching careers next year too.
– Try to not complain out loud about certain teachers who do not work the same way as I do. Outcome: Stayed a bit more quiet, except for one teacher…
– Get 200+ runners for Ottawa Run Weekend. Outcome: We had about 150 run…it was so much fun! Really proud of the students who trained hard for the 10K. Glad to see so many young people take a big interest in staying healthy and fit.
– Train at least 3 students in Track to OFSAA this year. Outcome: Done! I took 3 and had a great time. Had a top 8 finisher too.
– No more credit card debt. If I don’t have money, don’t buy it. Outcome: ya, see about for my employment situation…I would have been debt free if I had a real job….
– Finish paying off my student loan and then start saving for new cello, furnace, renos. Outcome: student loan was paid off in August (yyyyeeeeaahhhh). Cello is on hold, but did pay for some renos and I am saving for the new furnace.
– Start a small crafts project that I can sell in November/December Craft sales. Outcome: Didn’t happen. Considering this for this year/if I don’t go back to work.
-Start contributing to a TFSA. Outcome: Didn’t happen. Pure laziness on my part though.
I am skipping school/career goals since technically I have right to have this entire year off school (since I left just before Christmas break). My only goal in this regard is to get a freakin contract line. Fourth time, it can happen?
– Running: Do a sub-30 5K again, run the 10K in the Ottawa Run Weekend and if Max likes the Chariot, the half in the Army Run.
– Max: To not become lazy in terms of being with Max. Once the weather warms up and the salt/snow is off the ground, we will be out a lot more. Wish we had some things around the neighbourhood to go to (other than the park).
– Weight/staying fit: Lose another 10 pounds (5 of which is baby weight). Tone up and try to find my abs again (where are you abs??)
– Make at least one new real friend
– Clean out my closet and start wearing more coordinated outfits, not just phys-ed wear! (So hard though…)
– Attempt one new recipe a month
– Put pictures in a photo album!
– Stop complaining!
– Make dents in our debt
– Start an RESP for Max
– Start saving for a new computer to purchase in 2013
– Make a plan to earn an income if teaching does not work out for Sept. 2012 or January 2013. Supply teaching alone is simply not an option due to Daycare costs.
I think these are reasonable goals. What are yours?