Wacky Wednesday!!

Ok, this Wednesday isn’t really wacky, infact it is pretty typical. There is a track meet today, but we are not going. In hindsight I should have dropped meet #3 for this one since my core team is done with Volleyball and could have gone. One of my students called me last night to double check that we were not going and asked if I could sneak us in. Unfortunately no 🙁 I do get a kick when they ask for “Ms. W” on the phone. We will have practice today though. If the weather holds up, I am going to go on a short run today too while I am there (as I typed that my Garmin went off saying ‘charge me!!’). The weather has been crappy this week for me to run with Max in tow.


Yesterday I had a track meeting in Nepean (other side of Ottawa). So I had the “night off”. I left around 5:45 and didn’t come back until 9pm. I went to the meeting and then to Ikea to exchange a lamp that just didn’t work for us. It was nice to get away. I called at 8:30 to say I was on my way home and apparently Max got all smiley. So we put the phone to his ear and I talked to him and apparently his face was priceless. He was all “how is Mummy in this tiny thing?”. Of course his routine got a little out of wack and he didn’t fall asleep until 10:30ish. He was having another giggle party and chomping on his hands. *sigh*

It was really nice to get out for a bit though. I hadn’t been out for longer than an hour since February. I do wish I had something more interesting to do other than a meeting and a quick trip to Ikea 🙂


Max’s routine has changed a bit. He goes to bed a bit earlier now (around 9:30), but is also  back to waking up around 6:30am for some breakfast and then having another snooze until 9:30-10am. Sometimes I join him for a snooze, but sometimes I don’t. Today I did and he ended up in my bed for nap-time. We haven’t done that in awhile. He has one of those Fisher Price Ocean Wonder aquariums in his crib. We don’t use it at nighttime, but he likes it during afternoon nap. The other day I put him down without the aquarium on and he was sleeping for a good 30 minutes or so. I heard him wake up and after awhile I could hear him giggling. I walk in and there he was looking at his “aquarium tv”. He had figured out how to push the button to make it turn on. Smart guy!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.