I haven’t posted much in terms of eats lately. Mostly because I’ve been a little busy and not so creative in the kitchen. Most of our dinners lately have been some kind of protein, veggie and maybe a carb. Or we have had take-out….
Eventually (once track is over), I will get back into the swing of things! Plus, Max will be starting the ‘good’ solids soon and we will obviously be experimenting a bit. Also looking forward to the farm opening up again where I can get yummy, local fruits and veggies!
Last night I was on my own for dinner, so I wanted to make something quick and easy, but not carb-loaded. Kind of ate half a large pizza the other night….so, GO SALAD.
I BBQ’d some chicken, and prepared a salad bed for it to go with. Here is my:
BBQ Mango-Chicken Salad
– Chicken Breast
– Mango (frozen or fresh)
– Lettuce of your choice
– Red Onion
– Almonds (didn’t have any for my salad last night…boo)
– Hoisin Sauce
– Sriracha Sauce
– Olive Oil
1) BBQ your chicken. I put hoisin sauce on mine. Hoisin sauce makes everything yummy
2) Make a salad. The ingredients I’ve listed above are what I put in mine, but feel free to add your own variation. I just put in whatever I have in my fridge at the time.
3) If your mango is frozen, put the pieces of fruit in a bowl with luke-warm water to defrost.
4) Salad dressing: Mix about a teaspoon of olive oil to a tablespoon of hoisin sauce. Add a dab of sriracha sauce (just a bit for flavour, this is not to make it super spicy). Taste it to make sure it isn’t too olive oil-y tasting.
5) Place the sliced BBQ chicken on top and enjoy