We are off to OFSAA today. Hopefully Brockville is ready for all 3000-4000 of us 🙂 I will post updates via twitter and FB. Today Nick is up with the long jump, while Alexia and I are getting OFSAA sweaters for ourselves and Kevin (they sell out fast)
Yesterday I had a hankering for Mac and Cheese, but of course I had no emergency KD in the pantry. I did have pasta, tomatoes and cream – so I decided to randomly make a rose without a reciepe. It actually turned out pretty good:
Easy-Peasy Rose Sauce
Tomatoes – Roma are best, but use whatever, I used tomatoes from the farmers market
Italian spice – oregano, basil, whatever you have. Luckily I had some fresh basil, score!
Salt and Pepper
1) I was lazy and decided to keep the skin on the tomatoes. If that grosses you out, take the skins off first. Easy way is to blanch them in boiling water for a few moments and then put them in an ice bath (to stop the cooking process). Skins should easily come off. After, chop up the tomatoes. Start cooking your choice of pasta (I used bowtie)
2) Put the tomatoes in a saucepan with olive oil, salt and pepper and heat on medium for a few minutes. If you want a chunky pasta sauce, shorten the cooking time
3) After the tomatoes are cooked to your satisfaction, put some herbs in your pot. I used basil and parsley this time. Luckily I had some fresh basil, but dried will do
4) After a minute or two – add heavy cream. I’m not sure how much I added yesterday. Maybe 1/4 of a cup for a single serving? I just went by colour and taste. Also add some parmesan cheese. About a tablespoon will do.
5) Stir it all together until sauce is boiling. Serve it with pasta (obviously) and enjoy!