Hoping everyone has been having a great Thanksgiving long weekend! We are doing the whole turkey-gobble gobble fest tonight – I will try and remember to take pictures.
Normally I spend Thanksgiving with my parental units. We had many huge family thanksgivings in the past 5 years, but this year we are just on our own. My parents decided to take a trip to London, England this year. On Saturday they went to Abbey Road. There is a webcam there that actually streams really well. So at 2pm our time, I waited to see if they would arrive. They did! Luckily my mother did some sort of jumping jack move across the street and was wearing a white jacket – otherwise I wouldn’t have seem them there. My Brother and I took a couple of screen captures of them crossing. Here is one:
So Thanksgiving is all about being thankful. Here is my list of things to be thankful for, some silly some are not:
What I am Thankful For:
- I have a child who sleeps through the night and goes down without a fuss
- Both P and I have jobs and we live in a nice townhouse
- High Speed internet and Apple Computers
- That I live in Canada
- Max was born healthy
- The ability to lead an active, healthy life
- Bacon (ok, that one is for Kristen)
- That no immediate blood-member of my family has ever had cancer
- My parents always provided food on our table, didn’t abuse drugs/alcohol nor abused my brother and I (this is a work-related one)
- That I was able to get an education
I am running the Ottawa Hospital Rattle me Bones race in a couple of weeks. If you are feeling kind today – wander over to my fundraising page and make a donation on behalf of the hospital All proceeds go directly to the hospital!