Lindsay over at Lindsay Weighs In nominated me for the Liebster award. I believe that I have already done one of these, but they are kind of fun and because the questions change, it isn’t exactly the same thing.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back up to his/her blog. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them. Pretty fancy huh? So here here we go.
Questions from Lindsay:
1. What made you decide to start blogging? Was it a friend’s suggestion like me, or something else?
Ok – so you know the movie, Social Network? In the beginning of the movie, you see Mark blogging on Livejournal in his dorm while hacking the colleges’ ‘face books’. When I watched the movie for the first time, I totalling laughed out loud (LOL) because that was the thing to do back then, blog on Livejournal! That is how long ago I started blogging, around the time that Facebook was being made (and was so much more cool). Why did I start? I believe that one of my friends was going away for school and she started a blog on Livejournal, so in order to read and comment, I created an account. That was back in 2005 I believe.
2. Which Friends character are you most like? I love this question (and am also obsessed with Friends!)
I think I am most like Chandler – mostly because of my sense of humour.
3. Where is somewhere you’d love to travel, if money was no object?
All over Europe! I would love to go to all the cafes, drink lots of vino, eat lots of food and see all the sites.
4. What is one of your biggest goals?
Ummm, not sure. Obviously to get a good job, raise a well-adjusted child, run the Boston Marathon?
5. What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
Communicating with friends all over the world! Great support, great ideas and tons of fun.
6. Have you ever participated in any twitter chats, or attended any conferences about blogging?
Yes – I have participated in Twitter Chats, but to be honest I don’t like to fill my twitter feed with my tweets. I will generally respond and engage in conversation. No, I have not attended any blogging conferences – I hope to one day though!
7. What is one thing you can’t leave the house without?
8. What is your favorite sport to watch or play?
TRACK AND FIELD
Yes – I did have to shout that
9. What is your favorite movie?
Probably the Devil Wears Prada. I’ve seen it so many times but I can still sit and watch it.
10. What was the first blog you read? Do you still read it?
Good question! I think, as mentioned above, my friends blog on her trip to Australia may be the one I first read. Otherwise in terms of current blogs, I believe I started reading Gail Vaz-Oxlade’s financial blog.
Blogs that I will be nominating:
Anyone else that would want to do it (Too many people have already done this)
Questions to Answer:
1) Are you team iPhone, Blackberry or Android? Or – do you not have a smart phone at all? Why are you team-whatever?
2) How much time do you think you spend on social media each day?
3) How do you like your popcorn?
4) We are at an amusement park, what is one ride you MUST go on?
5) Where do you blog?
6) Do you have a dedicated home office? If not, where do you ‘office’?
7) What movie can you watch over and over again?
8) What is a dream race of yours?
9) Would you wear a pair of crazy coloured running shoes? Why/why not?
10) To drive or be driven? Why/why not?