I love fried chicken but I do not like to deep fry things in a pan/do not own a deep fryer and Kentucky Fried Chicken just makes me sick – so therefore I found a way to basically have fried chicken but without deep frying.
I do not really follow a strict recipe and that is noted in the ingredients. I have no idea what amount of each spice I put in the mix. But it tastes really good! I make this meal probably once a week because it is easy and delicious.
Chicken breast, thigh or leg – I use whatever I have on hand (usually breast).
Salt and Pepper
1. Grab three bowls – one with a few tablespoons of flour, one for the egg wash and one for your bread crumb mixture
2. For the bread crumb mixture – put in the bread crumbs first, followed by the spices and mix together. I am guesstimating I put about 1 teaspoon of oregano and garlic salt, and small amounts (1/4 teaspoon) of the coriander and paprika. Make sure to crack your egg and give it a whirl in the bowl
3. Grab your chicken and place in the flour bowl to apply a flour coat
4. Put the chicken in the egg wash next followed by the bread crumbs mixture. Be sure to press your chicken in the bread crumbs mix to apply a good coating in all the crevices of your meat.
5. Place on a cookie sheet and back at 375 for 20-30 minutes (depending on the size and cut of your chicken)
6. Serve with your choice of sauce – I use Smoking Stampede BBQ sauce from President’s choice.