I only worked a half day today because the daycare had to close because everyone is sick. YAY! So Max and I are at home for the rest of the day. I’m so sick of this cold, it is never ending! We will not talk about how many kleenex boxes I have gone through!
For today’s post – a few “did you know” points!
DID YOU KNOW?
1) Hamburgers are an important part of my diet. I love burgers! I could eat them every day. Five Guys is great, BBQ is great, The Works is great. All burgers are great. Except A&W, my stomach doesn’t like A&W at all.
2) This one time, which actually means yesterday – I almost walked right into one of Canada’s richest people, all while carrying 8 cans of soup. I was at the Superstore buying pants and tylenol, and was about to head out when I forgot to buy soup. So I went to the soup aisle and was all excited that soup was on sale for a crazy price. So I filled up my arms and hightailed it to the cash. As I turned the corner, I almost walked into a tall, well-dressed man whom I immediately recognized as Galen Weston Jr – the current executive director of Loblaws, Canada’s largest food retailer. Loblaws is part of an even bigger company, Weston’s which owns Weight Watchers, Ace Bakery and is the Canadian Wonder Bread distributer amongst many other companies. The Loblaw brand supermarkets are everywhere and feature a whole pile of different stores, depending on location and store type. The Weston family either outright owns or has controlling interest in almost 200 companies. Basically – they are everywhere, just like Tim Hortons (seriously…). Although Galen Weston Sr. is considered to be the 2nd richest Canadian, the Weston family in itself is kind of considered part of that overall number. Galen Jr is fairly well-known to Canadians because he is featured in many commercials for various products/stores of the Loblaws company and also part of Recipe to Riches reality cooking contest TV show.
Anyways, back to the story. As I walked past him, I thought that was pretty cool and proceeded to tweet (with the screaming face) that I saw him randomly at the Superstore. I paid for my soup and as I was leaving, he was heading in the same direction and smiled at me. Again, thought that was cool and tweeting another scream-face emoji. If only I could have added to my “Selfies with Famous People” collection…
3) I joined the Cross Country Team in high school. I lasted exactly one practice (a 4K run) before calling it quits because “I hated running”. I probably looked like this too:
4) I have been in more US States that I have Provinces of Canada. Seriously, I need to fix this immediately! But of course, it is more expensive for me to fly to Vancouver than to LA.
5) I do not like using the font Comic Sans. I know I am not alone. If I have assignments/other resources that are in Comic Sans, I change the font before printing. Most of the time – today I noticed that one of my handouts was in Comic Sans. I figured my class would call me out on it really quickly as we have debated the use of Comic Sans in class before. I was right. As soon as the handout went out, I got a “MISS THIS IS IN COMIC SANS!”
6) I’m lousy at home decorating – seriously, look at the walls of my living room. I don’t think the thermostat nor Buzz Lightyear counts.
7) It took about 5 minutes for me to remember the word ‘thermostat’
That is all
Tell me some “Did you Know?” facts!