I’m a marathoner!!

Although I’ve spoken to many of you already – it is official: I’m a marathoner!

Today was tons of fun! I finished in 5:40 which is “slow” but I don’t really care. I will go more into detail but the wind kicked my butt (that first 5K was in 40:00 solely because of the wind) and I had some GI issues that were a bit of a pain. More details withy race recap!

I’m still amazed that I ran a marathon today! Funny enough my IT band didn’t ache nor did I really hit “the wall”. I took lots of pictures, talked to many people and as planned, I enjoyed the experience

Thank you so much for all the tweets, texts and other messages!

IMG_1136.JPG

IMG_1144.JPG

1. Nicole

Congratulations! So proud of you and all your hard work!! It paid off!

Thanks!!

2. Carmy

As my many messages on different forms of social media and via text message – I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU. CONGRATS! šŸ˜€ Super happy about your IT band not being a problem and I cannot wait for a full recap!
    Carmy recently posted…Five Friday! Halloween Edition! Running CostumesMy Profile

haha – I liked all your messages šŸ™‚

Thanks!!

3. Amy

I am so happy for you. No first marathon is slow; you just needed to take your time to enjoy it. And think of the big PR you will get next time! I love the medal šŸ™‚
    Amy recently posted…Happy PlacesMy Profile

haha – my PR is going to be massive for the next one. Although I do like the idea of running marathons in new places!

4. Heather@GGR

Congratulations!!!! What an achievement šŸ™‚
    Heather@GGR recently posted…Lucky 7 Relay Eve!!!My Profile

Thanks!!!

5. Kristen @ Glitter and Dust

WooHoo!!! Congratulations!!! Can’t wait to hear all about it. Enjoy the post-marathon celebration!!!
    Kristen @ Glitter and Dust recently posted…CIM Training And Learning To Take A Chill PillMy Profile

Thank you!

More like post-marathon sit down time šŸ˜‰

6. Lisa @ Lulus Big Adventure

“Slow” or not, you ran a marathon!! Such an amazing accomplishment! Congrats. šŸ™‚ Can’t wait to read all about it!
    Lisa @ Lulus Big Adventure recently posted…Tramping through Mordor: The Tongariro CrossingMy Profile

Thanks!!

Hoping to have the recap up tomorrow!

7. MikeM

Congrats, marathoner! The wind on the Verazzano bridge was definitely insane and there were some good gusts in a few other spots too. Congrats on getting it done and glad that you enjoyed the experience.

Thanks!!

Those winds were insane! I had a great time and would definitely do it again!