Running Tattoo!

Happy Wednesday!

There are a few things in life that people tend to do when they complete something meaningful in their lives.Β I haven’t done anything really stereotypical, other then travelling after graduation – until yesterday. If you follow me on Instagram/Twitter, you may have noticed that I finally got my “running tattoo”. It wasn’t my first tattoo, but my first running-related one. It seems to be a tradition with some to get a tattoo when they accomplish things like running a marathon, finishing an Ironman – or the ultimate dream for many up and coming athletes – making the Olympics. Since I ran a marathon, I figured it was time.

I had my tattoo done at Barnstormers, which is located in the Glebe. One of the co-owners (Glen), went to high school with P – which is why I got a gift card from P for Christmas. The studio is really great – you can tell that they really like their career and operating their own business. I had my tattoo done by Nate, who is an apprentice – and used to be a teacher!

Anyways – to the tattoo:

runningtattoo

running tattoo 3

I have had the silhouetteΒ design idea for quite some time. I found an image I liked and had it saved on my computer. Then I just added the 42.2 (I’m Canadian and all). It is simple – but meaningful. I wish I had the guts to get one of the big, colourful tattoos, but nope πŸ™

Do you like it?

runningtattoo2

1. Kristi@Blog for an Average Runner

Awesome! I haven’t been brave enough to get a tattoo but if I ever do it will be a running one.
    Kristi@Blog for an Average Runner recently posted…Mad Trapper “Champs” Race RecapMy Profile

2. Mom

Grrrrr grrrrrrrr mmmmmmm!!

3. Amy @ Mama Running for God

Awesome! I’m hoping to get a tattoo after I finish my first Half in May.
    Amy @ Mama Running for God recently posted…Mid Week BitesMy Profile

4. Kristen @ Glitter and Dust

I think it is fantastic! How did you decide on the location (inner leg versus outer leg)? I am someday thinking about getting a tattoo once I reach a major milestone. It’s a little scary because it’s so permanent, but I think that is part of the thrill as well. πŸ™‚
    Kristen @ Glitter and Dust recently posted…Putting My Ironman Dreams On HoldMy Profile

1. ~Rebecca~ (Post author)

I put the tattoo on the inner leg so that it is a little bit more hidden, but also so I can see it more πŸ™‚

5. Stephanie@nowiun.com

I LOVE the tattoo!! It looks awesome πŸ™‚
    I was wondering what the 42.2 stood for (sometimes I’m not very quick). So cool.
    Stephanie@nowiun.com recently posted…Goodbye Miss. Phoebe (“Phoeeebs”, “Girlfriend”, “Sweet Girl”)My Profile

1. ~Rebecca~ (Post author)

LOL

6. Marsden

Great ink!
    Marsden recently posted…Academy AwardsMy Profile

7. Nicole

Very nice!!! love the design!

8. Rachel

Love it! That’s such a good idea. I’ve considered getting a tattoo after my first marathon. No one would expect it of me πŸ™‚
    Rachel recently posted…Speed Sessions Week 1My Profile

1. ~Rebecca~ (Post author)

Thanks!!! You should get one πŸ™‚

9. Jane @ 50statecanuck

I love it!! Would never be brave enough to a) go through with the pain and b) get something that I can never (easily) have removed!! Way too chicken!!
    Jane @ 50statecanuck recently posted…My heart confirms it and my bacon dream.My Profile

1. ~Rebecca~ (Post author)

It doesn’t hurt that bad at all πŸ™‚

10. Lisa @ Lulus Big Adventure

Love the tattoo! What a great way to commemorate such a huge achievement.
    Lisa @ Lulus Big Adventure recently posted…Life in an African VillageMy Profile

11. Alison (Fueling for Fitness)

Looks awesome! I was all set to get my second tattoo after I ran my first marathon. It was the Chicago marathon on my birthday, and the date was 10.10.10. But the race went so badly that I found myself wishing I could forget that experience and completely lost the desire to commemorate it on my body after that. πŸ˜›
    Alison (Fueling for Fitness) recently posted…How my North American Diet has Changed in EuropeMy Profile

1. ~Rebecca~ (Post author)

oh no πŸ™

My husband asked if I was going to put my time on the tattoo – yeah….no I would rather not remember how much time I spent in the portapotty line up πŸ˜€

12. Kristen @CountryFitFamily

Awesome! I love tattoos. I thought about getting one after my first marathon last fall but I didn’t end up doing it.
    Kristen @CountryFitFamily recently posted…Fit Family Feature #32 (Lindsey)My Profile

1. ~Rebecca~ (Post author)

Next marathon? πŸ˜‰

13. Jesica @rUnladylike

Love it πŸ™‚ I hope it didn’t hurt too much. I think my husband would kill me if I got a tattoo, but I kind of want a small one down near my ankle like you that is a winged foot. xoxo
    Jesica @rUnladylike recently posted…Friday FITspiration: Mom Blasts More Than Extra PoundsMy Profile

1. ~Rebecca~ (Post author)

Doesn’t hurt that much at all – it is manageable πŸ™‚