Lucky me – I’ve managed to book an appointment with my RMT to get my left leg fixed up – only have time for 30 minutes, but that should be enough! I am heading to the Ottawa Race Weekend Expo in the evening tonight. Anyone else going? If you see me – come say hi!
In terms of tomorrow – I will be at the race fairly early in the afternoon. I will be with my school and we are always around the Laurier Street Bridge area. Hope to see some of you there!
Some Tips about the Race Expo
1) It is a really good expo! It will probably be busy in the evening, but the expo area is large enough that it doesn’t seem busy upstairs. Make sure you leave some time to visit the expo!
2) There are many booths at the expo – I should probably leave my wallet at home because not only are my fave brands there, but I know so many people working the booths. I like supporting my running friends and their jobs! There are some good deals on clothes and shoes – so take a look! I strongly suggest you stop by the Columbia booth to pick up the Omni-freeze singlet that I wear for most of my races. It is a great racing shirt!
3) Krista Duchene will be at the iRun Booth today at 4:30pm. Go see her! She is really nice 🙂 I met her last year!
4) Go visit the Canada Running Series/Toronto Waterfront Marathon booth during the expo to enter to win a free bib to STWM! This includes a hotel room too! Sweet!
5) There is a place to donate your used shoes at the expo – bring them in and donate them to Shoe Bank Canada!
6) Spin the Wheel at the Running Room Booth – you can get a coupon or win a prize! I won some great socks at the Army Run!
7) Take advantage of sales and free samples – lots to be had. There are also some unique items that tend to only appear at the expo, including this sweet Saucony shirt I bought last year (Run Strong Ottawa) and of course my Columbia Gear.
Most of all – have fun and relax! Race Day is almost here!!!