We all know that I love my Trader Joe’s. The closest one to us is over 3 hours away, so when I’m literally one mile from one, I try to go as much as I can. I only went to the store a couple of times while I was in California and actually only brought back 4 bottles of “Two Buck Chuck” (wine that is $2.99 and surprisingly good). Last year I brought back a suitcase full of food and was dinged with an over weight fee when flying home. Because I was staying at my parents house for a couple of days after flying back, I planned on hitting up the Trader Joe’s in Buffalo, NY (about 1.5 hrs from my parents).
This is what we picked up this time – but the frozen foods are missing. You can guess what I picked up that is frozen: Mandarin Orange Chicken, Tater Tots and Chow Mein.
- Cuban Black Beans (I should have picked up more as I thought I had more at home – turns out I don’t)
- Taco Seasoning
- Clam Chowder
- Organic Tomato-Basil Marinara
- Fruit Preserves
- Tomato Paste
- Chocolate – PB Cups and Almonds
- Cereal (cinnamon and corn flakes)
- Cilantro dressing – two bottles will not last me long
- Simpler Times Beer (it is $4.89 in NY State but only $3.99 in CA – I pay on average $3 for ONE beer (Tall boy can) in Ontario…..
Some new items I bought include:
- Corn Bread Crisps – try them out. They are amazing. I may have already eaten a whole bag…
- Green Dragon Hot Sauce – I had a few drops on my tacos last night – a good alternative to traditional red hot sauces
- Organic Mac and Cheese – tastes better than KD
- Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips – I haven’t tried them yet
- Midnight Moo – chocolate sauce – great for ice cream!
- Pumpkin bread gluten free mix – I’ve tried the regular flour one but they were out. Curious about the gluten free one
- Mango sweet and spicey dressing
- Some spices and sauces