I am a horrible baker. I usually screw things up when I attempt to bake. But baking your own food is a bit better for $$ and it just tastes super awesome. The bakery in my neighbourhood makes yummy banana-raspberry bread, so I attempted to make my own. 3 attempts that = 3 successful outcomes.
– 3-4 ripe bananas
– 1/3 cup melted butter
– 3/4 cup of sugar (you can go up to 1 cup if you like it sweeter)
– 1 egg, beaten
– 1 teaspoon of natural vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– pinch of salt
– 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
– handful of frozen raspberries (they do not need to be defrosted), or you can try fresh ones if you have them on hand (not sure how it will turn out)
Now, one of the ‘tricks’ of baking is that you have to follow the recipe line for line and not just add everything together in a bowl (which P does regularly). Also, ensure that you have dry and wet measuring cups!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Mash the bananas in a bowl with a wooden spoon
2. Add the melted butter (fully melted, not soft) and stir
3. Mix in the sugar, vanilla and egg
4. Sprinkle the salt and baking soda and stir
5. Add the flour and stir (do not over stir)
6. Add the frozen raspberries
7. Put the mixture into a buttered/pam’d loaf pan and insert into the fully preheated oven
Bake for exactly one hour. When done, let cool. Perfect breakfast consists of a slice of banana-raspberry bread served with granola topped-yoghurt!