February is just around the corner, which means that Valentine’s Day is coming up. Valentine’s Day is similar to Christmas in that many people stress about what to get their significant other for Valentine’s Day. Some parents also like to give their children something as well. Tradition calls for flowers and chocolates – but I’m not really into that, and I know people who think the same.
Staples Canada has come up with a Valentine’s Day Gift Guide for parents to consider gifts for their children. Staples is way more than just a place to get post-it notes and paper. They have so much more. I know the teacher in me loves to browse the aisles and pick out new stationary and computer gadgets. Please tell me that I am not the only one out there that loves stationary? Max is currently at the age where he loves colouring and Arts&Crafts. He already has a number of colour books with assorted writing tools. At daycare he is all about painting and stickers. It would be very easy to create a little Valentine’s Day package for him with some new art supplies bought at Staples.
Staples Canada has put together a guide for Parents with a few items that they think would make great Valentine’s Day Presents at an assortment of price-points.
1. Tot Tutors Children’s Table – what better to do crafts and writing activities on? Your children having their own table and chairs to work from means that you do not have to worry about marker and glue stains.
2. Apple iPod Shuffle – Something for your children’s to listen music with – but not as breakable/distracting as an iPod touch.
3. Bienfang Sketch Book – something for your emerging artist to create pictures with. Think about going to the park and having your child sketch what they see.
4. Dixon China Markers – a no sharpener needed writing tool that can be used on a variety of surfaces including metal!
5. High Sierra Curve Backpack – a backpack with a variety of organizers, beverage holders and a padded back support. I used to get excited about new backpacks.
6. Built NY Big Apple Buddies Lunch bag – isn’t this the cutest? Max loves cats so he would love this lunch box.
7. Winnie the Pooh Record Book – for parents who are just about to have a newborn, or a baby that has just been born. Something to record your little one’s first moments.
If none of these items peak your interest or if you want to look for something for your significant other, please visit the Staples Website as they have an entire gift guide available.
Contest has ended – thanks for stopping by!
Disclosure – Staples Canada allowed me to choose an item from the above list to keep (I chose the table and chairs for Max). I was not paid for this post and as always, all opinions are my own.